The biggest opportunity of moving is the chance for personal reinvention.
Who do I want to be? What do I want to do?
Last year, with my limited time in Alabama, I focused on three areas:
- Fitness outside my comfort zone – Irontribe Fitness. Spartan Race.
- License Re-certification – I returned to school to acquire additional required hours to recertify my massage therapy license (Don’t let your licenses expire. Ever!). I now have a current massage therapist license for the State of Alabama, which unfortunately doesn’t transfer to the State of Hawai’i.
This year, I intend to focus on…
- Playing Tourist in Paradise!
- Massage Therapy License.
- Writing & reading.
- Last minute add – get over my fear of becoming an ocean creature’s snack!
My personal reinvention is concurrent with…
- Easing this transition for my children.
- Unpacking & purging.
- Establishing routine & schedule. (Never-ending cycle of domestic bliss!)
- Dating my hubby.
- Building Community.
- Making & sustaining friendships.
All of this takes time. Sweet, sweet time.
I am open to new places and faces while presenting the best, and more importantly, the REAL version of myself. This takes a lot of energy but with this move, I have a lot of less expectations about how life should look like and how quickly I should establish said life. Thus, I have a lot less angst than with past moves. Is it burnout or wisdom? Or is it the beautiful, calming aloha spirit?
Whatever it is, It’s my fresh start and I’m ready.
What are you focusing on for your personal reinvention in your new home?